OVERVIEWThe classic Dodital trek is an old and popular trek route. A large part of the trek is on a well defined village path and passes through thick oak and rhododendron forests. The entire route is rich in flora and fauna and is a delight for nature lovers.
Dodital is a small lake nestled within a forest and ringed on one side by a steep mountain pass called the Darwa top. It is believed that Lord Ganesh was born at this place, and there is a temple dedicated to him near the lake. From the lake a rivulet called Assi Ganga flows down and confluences with the Bhagirathi river.
This trek starts from Uttarkashi/Sangamchatti and goes beyond Dodital lake to climb up to Darwa top and finishing at Hanuman chatti road head. This trip can be done for most of the year. In the peak winter months, the trek culminates at the Darwa top and returns back to Sangamchatti.
Day 1 : Dehradun/Haridwar to Uttarkashi/Sangam Chatti
Day 2 : Trek Sangam Chatti to Bevra, overnight camp
Day 3 : Trek Bevra to Dodital, overnight camp
Day 4 : Trek Dodital to Darwa top, overnight camp
Day 5 : Trek Darwa top to Seema, overnight camp
Day 6 : Trek Seema to Hanuman Chatti, further drive to Dehradun/Haridwar
Price IncludesCamping gear, kitchen and mess arrangements, manpower for cooking, all meals during trek, porters/mules for camping gear and provisions transfer, guest house or hotel stays as described in the schedule and non AC surface transfers ex Haridwar/Rishikesh/Dehradun.
Price ExcludesGovt taxes, Train fares, expenses of personal nature, insurance of any kind, alcoholic drinks, refreshments/meals during the road journey and during guest house stay, anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program
Booking / Cancellation policy- Tour needs to be booked at least 45 days in advance. Full payment is required to confirm a booking.
- 75 % refund if cancellation happens 20 days prior to departure
- 50 % refund if cancellation happens 10 days prior to departure
- No refund for any cancellation/no show in the last 10 days prior to departure
ITINERARYDay 1 : Drive (approx 7-8 hours) from Dehradun/Haridwar to reach Uttarkashi. Overnight at guest house/hotel.
Day 2 : The trek starts from Sangam Chatti which is a short drive from Uttarkashi. The trek is an consistent ascent till the Agoda village after which we follow the village path to the next small village called Bevra (2400m) across a stream. Overnight camp.
Day 3 : Trek Bevra to Dodital (3050m), today will be a long walk of around 7 hours. The trek is on a well defined path and will pass through extensive forests of Himalayan oaks and Rhododendron trees. Camp is established near the Dodital lake. overnight camp
Day 4 : Trek up to the Darwa top (4150m) from where one can get very close views of the Bandarpoonch range. Overnight camp near the pass.
Day 5 : Trek from Darwa top to Seema. This is largely a downhill walk, and camp is established on the outskirts of a village.
Day 6 : Trek to the Hanuman chatti roadhead. Further drive to Dehradun/Haridwar for onward journey.
TRAVEL ADVISORYPACKING LIST
Personal torch, small daypack/backpack to hold the day walk necessities, warm clothing, inner fleece body warmer lining, comfortable shoes suitable for hikes/treks, windproof jacket, warm headgear/balaclava, gloves, trekking pole, cameras, personal medication ( first aid would be provided ), sun protection and moisturizing cream etc.
- Trekking programs in the Himalayas not necessarily would always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes.
- Any additional expenses which might occur due to delays, weather disruptions, medical evacuation etc. would need to be borne by the participants. All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
The tour starts from Dehradun/Haridwar, and ends at Dehradun/Haridwar
- Participants from Delhi are recommended to travel by the following trains:
+ Delhi to Dehradun: Overnight by 12205 Nanda Devi Express
+ Dehradun to Delhi: Overnight by 12206 Nanda Devi Express
- Dehradun has an airport that connects major cities of India. Discuss arrival/departure timing with us prior to finalizing travel by flight.