Kali Sharda Rafting Expedition
Tour ID: kali-sharda-rafting-expedition
Difficulty level: Moderate
Duration: 4 Days
Start from: Kathgodam
Ends at: Kathgodam
PRICE: INR 14500
Departures: Not announced yet.
You may suggest a date of your choice.
This is a rafting expedition on lower section of Kali river (also called Kali Sharda), which forms a natural border between India and Nepal. The trip is disconnected from roads and civilization, as the river enters a wide gorge from Pancheshwar, and flows through the Terai jungles. Camp sites are heavenly on isolated remote beaches.
The region is rich in flora and fauna, and one can easily sight a wide variety of rare birds and wildlife. Throughout the trip, we would have India on our right side, and Nepal on our left.
The river trip starts from Pancheshwar, and finishes at Tanakpur. This is a high volume river with mostly up to class III kind of rapids and one class IV rapid. In all we would be rafting on three days, and one day would be for transit. One night would be at guest house in Lohaghat, and two nights camping besides the river.
This is an exotic self supported rafting experience which has all the elements of remote wilderness, beautiful untouched beaches and action packed whitewater.
Day 1: Kathgodam to Lohaghat/Pancheshwar drive
Day 2: Raft Pancheshwar to Sonali Gaon
Day 3: Raft Sonali Gaon to Pari Gaon
Day 4: Raft Pari Gaon to Boom, thereafter drive to Kathgodam
Day 0: Board overnight train from Delhi for Kathgodam ( Ranikhet Express ).
Day 1: Early morning arrival at Kathgodam. Transfer by road to Lohaghat ( 6 hours ). Lohaghat is a small hill-station besdes the Lohawati river, at an altitude of 1770 Mtrs. Post afternoon at leisure.
Day 2: Our river trip starts from Pancheshwar, which is about 40 kms from Lohaghat. At Pancheshwar, the river Saryu confluences with the Kali river, and hence forth it is called Kali Sharda river. Pancheshwar is a famous fishing spot for Mahaseer. After a detailed safety briefing we start from Pancheshwar on rafts in self supported manner with all our camping gear and luggage packed in waterproof drybags, secured on a cargo raft. The river would be pacy, and participants can look forward to several exciting rapids before we camp on a beach besides the river.
Day 3: We continue our river journey, and the highlight for today is a long class IV rapid, the Chooka. Scout the rapid, and further raft down below the Chooka to set camp. After Chooka the river flows through the Terai jungles, and there are several eye opening rapids. Camp besides the river on a beautiful beach.
Day 4: Day starts early, and we float past the Terai jungles negotiating exciting rapids. We would finish the trip at a place called Boom, near Tanakpur. The river trip ends here, and participants are transferred to Kathgodam to board the overnight train Ranikhet express for Delhi.
|FIXED DEPARTURE||CUSTOM TOURS||CURRENCY CONVERTER|
8 or more Participants
All expedition class rafting gear including rafts, life jackets, helmets, paddling jackets, safety kayaks, dry bags, camping gear including tents, sleeping bags, comprehensive first aid kit, cooking and mess arrangements, experienced river guides and kayak professionals with international certifications for white water rescue and first aid/cpr, river running permits and railway station transfers.
Train fares, meals and refreshments taken during the road journey, Insurance of any kind, expenses of personal nature, alcoholic drinks, anything not mentioned in the above schedule/program.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- Tour needs to be booked at least 30 days in advance. Full payment is required to confirm a booking.
- 75 % refund if cancellation happens 10 days prior to departure
- 50 % refund if cancellation happens 5 days prior to departure
- No refund for any cancellation/no show in the last 4 days prior to departure
Prior to making a booking, please take a look at the TRAVEL ADVISORY section.
Personal torch, quick drying clothes/swimming costume for rafting, waterproof floater kind of sandals with a securable back strap, retainer strap for shades or prescription glasses, cameras, sun protection/block cream, moisturiser, change of clothing to wear after rafting, towel, toilet kit etc. Warm clothing would be needed from mid Oct to mid March.
- Participants would be required to sign an indemnity/disclaimer prior to trip start.
- Minimum age for participation is 15 years.
- No room service or any kind of special considerations/customizations is possible/provided.
- This is not a luxury trip. Participants should be willing to rough it out.
- Participants are expected to participate in camp activities like collecting wood, setting up tents etc.
- People with past history/ailment of heart, asthma, epilepsy are not recommended to register for this tour.
- Weather disruptions may at times result in discomfort or unplanned adjustments.
- Toilets are tented, dry pit arrangements with western kind of w/c.
- Participants from Delhi are recommended to travel by the following trains:
+ Delhi to Kathgodam: Ranikhet Express
+ Kathgodam to Delhi: Ranikhet Express