OVERVIEWA quick introduction to kayaking on moving water.
This is a quick though complete introduction to whitewater kayaking. In this one day session, the participant is given a brief overview about the basic skills that are required to be able to negotiate class I+ kind of rapid. After reasonable practice we would kayak on the Ganges through the temple town of Rishikesh, paddling below the two suspension bridges. Approximate distance of paddle would be about 9 kms and would include one rapid as well.
This session would introduce the participant to the various whitewater kayaking gear, types of boats, how to carry a kayak and the basic paddling strokes to move forward, backwards and take a turn. After sufficient practice of these skills we would move on to a paddling session in which we would learn to kayak on moving water.
Day 01: Introduction to the gear and the basic paddling techniques. River run on class I moving water.
Price IncludesUse of professional whitewater kayaking equipment, instructions, support of river guides, refreshments & lunch.
Price ExcludesAccommodation, transport
Our trip starts from NIM beach, after orientation and practice of basic skills, we do a short river run to end near the barrage.
If you need transfers to be organized by us, it would cost INR 300 additional.
This is easily doable by participant on own also, as NIM beach is short walk from Laxman Jhula and from the finish point one can get shared three wheeler for the main town.
Booking / Cancellation policy- Full payment is required 10 days in advance to confirm a booking.
- 75 % refund if cancellation happens 03 days prior to departure
- 50 % refund if cancellation happens 02 days prior to departure
- No refund for any cancellation/no show in the last 01 days prior to departure
ITINERARYDay 01: Introduction to the gear used in whitewater kayaking, basic paddling strokes to move forward, backward and turn a kayak. After sufficient practice of these, we would do a river run on Class I grade moving water.
TRAVEL ADVISORYWHAT TO BRING
Quick drying clothes/swimming costumes for kayaking, waterproof floater kind of sandals with secure-able back strap, retainer cord for sun glasses/prescription glasses, cameras, sun protection/block cream, moisturizer, towel, toilet kit etc.
- Minimum age for participation is 12 years.
- People with past history/ailment of heart, asthma, epilepsy should take medical advice before enrolling.
- Weather disruptions may at times result in discomfort or unplanned adjustments.
- Please look at the inclusions and exclusions in the price section.
- Pick/Drop is from Tapovan, Rishikesh.
- The whole program would take up about 6 hours from pickup till drop.
Participants would be required to sign an undertaking/disclaimer prior to participating.