Whitewater Kayaking Basics
Duration: 4 Days
Grade: Moderate, DemandingBOOK NOW
Day 1: A brief introduction to the kayaking equipment, before we hit the water. Our kayak session would start with basic paddling strokes, turning strokes to get the basic control and balance of the boat. Long boating session with working lunch. Towards the end of the river time we give the experience of wet exit, and Eskimo rescue to the participants.
Day 2: Today’s kayaking objective is to learn leaning techniques and ferry glides. Practice of eskimo rescue would also be high on the agenda.
Day 3: Now is the time to put our basic skills to use, and we would a short river run. We would practice all the skills on the river along with the team of professional kayakers from TEAM 4 ADVENTURE.
Day 4: Today we do a river run of about class II+ kind of difficulty level. All the skills learnt would be practiced in gradually difficult waters. The river run would be about 10 kms long, and would encounter 3 rapids of class II+ kind of difficulty level. At the end of the river run we would have a short de-brief and we would introduce the participants to the road-map ahead, to continue their learning in future.
| || |
|Custom Date ( A-La-Carte )|
4 or more Participants
| || |
|* Booking as a Group? Refer to Group Booking Incentives below.|
* All price is per person
* Minimum group size ( fixed departures ) : 02 Participants
Use of independent kayaking equipment ( kayak, spray deck, wet suit, paddle, helmet, PFD ), instructions, river guides for safety/rescue support, local transportation as per needed, all necessary rescue and first aid equipment.
Expenses of personal nature, insurance of any kind, anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
SUPPLEMENTS AND ADDITIONAL EXPENSES IF APPLICABLE
Participants would need to organize boarding & lodging as additional.
We can help the participants with advice as well as support in bookings, or guests can make their own arrangements.
There is reasonable accommodation available in Rishikesh also. If the participants wish to stay at a hotel in Rishikesh, they are welcome to do so.
GROUP BOOKING INCENTIVES
Book for 02, get 10% OFF
* Group Booking Incentives apply only for fixed departures
* Group Booking Incentives is not applicable on Supplements or Additional Expenses.
* Group Booking Incentives cannot be combined with any other discounts or schemes
BOOKINGS, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
- Full payment is required to confirm a booking.
- 75 % refund if cancellation happens 10 days prior to departure
- 50 % refund if cancellation happens 5 days prior to departure
- No refund for any cancellation/no show in the last 4 days prior to departure
Prior to making a booking, please take a look at TRAVEL ADVISORY section.
Personal torch, quick drying clothes/swimming costumes for kayaking, waterproof floater kind of sandals with securable back strap, retainer cord for sun glasses/prescription glasses, cameras, sun protection/block cream, moisturizer, towel, toilet kit etc. Warm clothing would be needed from mid October till mid March.
- Minimum age for participation is 15 years for our kayak training programs.
- This is not a luxury trip; days would be tiring and intensive.
- People with past history/ailment of heart, asthma, epilepsy should take medical advice before enrolling.
- Weather disruptions may at times result in discomfort or unplanned adjustments.
- Please look at the inclusions and exclusions in the price section.
White Water Kayaking is considered an extreme sport and has potential risks. Participants to our kayaking trips are expected to understand the hazards and would be required to sign an undertaking/disclaimer prior to participating.
The kayaking zone would be on Ganges near Rishikesh. Rishikesh is about 25 kms from Haridwar
There are regular buses from Delhi for Haridwar and Rishikesh.
- Delhi - Haridwar - Delhi travel can be done by the following trains also:
+ Delhi to Haridwar: 4041 Mussoorie Express,
2205 Dehradun AC Special
+ Haridwar to Delhi: 2018 Shatabdi Express, 4042 Mussoorie Express, 2206 Dehradun AC Special
Plan well in advance so that you can secure your train bookings in time. At dates closer to the journey tickets can be very difficult to obtain in this sector.
Leave your comments :