OVERVIEWRolling a kayak is a technique which enables a paddler to upright the kayak in the event of a flip/capsize. This is an essential skill to run whitewater rapids safely and successfully.
Eskimo rolling technique is one of the preferred rolling technique to rely upon as it is safe and has successive sequence of steps that are intuitive and quick to execute under stressful conditions.
Our eskimo roll session is a day long activity to practice the skill in calm water. This session is for people who have already learnt the basics of the roll and wish to practice and improve the same.
Day 01: Eskimo rolling practice session with improvement instructions and assistance from our river guides.
Price IncludesUse of professional whitewater kayaking equipment (including wet suits, neoprene booties, splash jackets along with the main kayaking gear) , improvement instructions and support of river guides
Price ExcludesAccommodation, meals, travel
Booking / Cancellation policy- Full payment is required 10 days in advance to confirm a booking.
- 75 % refund if cancellation happens 03 days prior to departure
- 50 % refund if cancellation happens 02 days prior to departure
- No refund for any cancellation/no show in the last 01 days prior to departure
ITINERARYDay 01: After a brief introduction with the river guides and some warm up/stretching exercises, we proceed to an assisted practice session where the participant is provided the T-rescue in case of failure. This session is conducted in a flat and almost still water pool.
Often a paddler may require more than one eskimo roll sessions to practice and improve upon the skill. How soon one gets proficient in this skill is largely dependent upon their comfort in water, physical flexibility and capability to sustain underwater duration.
This is an one day session for paddlers who are already having the orientation to the roll that they are practicing. For beginners we would suggest you to join an instructor led structured eskimo roll workshop conducted by us.
TRAVEL ADVISORYWHAT TO BRING
Quick drying clothes/swimming costumes for kayaking, waterproof floater kind of sandals with secure-able back strap, retainer cord for sun glasses/prescription glasses, cameras, sun protection/block cream, moisturizer, towel, toilet kit etc.
- Minimum age for participation is 12 years.
- This is not a luxury trip; days would be tiring and intensive.
- People with past history/ailment of heart, asthma, epilepsy should take medical advice before enrolling.
- Weather disruptions may at times result in discomfort or unplanned adjustments.
- Please look at the inclusions and exclusions in the price section.
Participants would be required to sign an undertaking/disclaimer prior to participating.